Monday, April 21, 2014

Updates and Jakes WIsh


WHEW!  I do not even know where to begin.  It has been a blessed but crazy couple of weeks.  I took a lot of time reflecting Sunday on our past year.  We attended a service and Shawn ( the pastor) used  Romans 8.  If you have not read it for a while, or maybe have never opened a Bible, it is a great place to turn.  I am reminded about the power we have in Jesus.  As of the end of April I should be listed 1A on the heart transplant list.  That means I am at the top.  On Easter I was thinking about the sacrifice Jesus gave.  There is someone in this world that most likely has no idea their time to meet Jesus is coming near.  But they made the decision to sign that card to be an organ donor.  They will be giving me their heart so that I can live.  Someone will be signing off on their mother, brother, husband, wife, son or daughter so that I can have that organ.  When I think about that I am struck by how selfless of a gift that is.  If they were given the option, they probably would not choose to die so that Amy Anders can have a heart.  But there was a man that did.  He gave his life so that I can have an eternal one.  I look at the gift of a heart I will be receiving and it seems tangible.  That is the same gift of life Jesus wants to give all of us.  His gift is also alive! Often when I am thinking on receiving a heart I think about how someone is going to die for this to happen.  It seems that there has been delay after delay.  God knows the exact heart I am supposed to receive.  I pray daily he is preparing that persons heart to meet him!  I want to make my life count for the family that is going to give me this gift.  Because of this gift I will be able to see our first granddaughter be born in August and so many other blessings that I know will be ahead.  I should want to strive to live my daily life to glorify Jesus and the gift he gave me!  It is not just an organ to get me through this time on earth.  It is a gift for eternity!

     Now on to Jake….. We had a san last week.  This is his t-shirt for that day.
  We were going back in because he had a spot show up on his scan 8 weeks ago.  Miraculously it was COMPLETELY GONE!!!!  We were told a new spot had appeared and had gotten larger.  So today we drove to Bloomington Indiana to the proton center.  I admit I was terrified when they told us it was remaining tumor.  My heart skipped a few beats.  Well…..if my heart still beat it would have skipped a few beats.  J  I am the Bionic woman without a pulse or blood pressure after all.  The radiation doctor looked at his MRI  scan that consisted of 1600 pictures!!!!!  He consulted with another high ranking doctor, and they do believe it is tumor but their consensus is that it is dying tumor!  They cannot 100% promise, but they think it was a piece of tumor left behind.  It was a miracle to start with how much Dr. Ackerman was able to remove.  This mass is showing up right where radiation was given.  When a tumor dies it gets larger before it disintegrates.  It appears as if this one is in the process of dying.  The Mom and human part of me wanted to stick on the point of it is still a peace of tumor in there.  Then Jake pipes up about how cool it is the tumor is dying.  God and radiation are doing their job.  I am once again reminded of the miracles of Jesus and why we need to have the faith of a child.  So we go back in 8 weeks to do it all over again.  We are looking forward to the words that this spot is also gone! 
   Several of you have asked about make a wish. Jake started out wanting to spend time with Kyle and Kelsey Kupecky and Karen Kingsbury.  They made that come true in Nashville.  That is a post coming soon.  Jake decided he wants to write about it.  Jakes final wish was to build a recreation building for the League of miracles.  If you want to be blessed come out and watch a game this season!!!!!!!  It will bless you in ways that you could never imagine!  Make a wish is in the process of contacting a few amazing people to try to start the fundraising process.  Our prayer is that the building will be up and ready for use by the fall season so the kids can play inside ball and other sports.  If you know of a child with any type of disability, any age, that would like to play please let me know so that I can connect you with the league. When the coordinator met with Jake they asked him what part of the building he wanted to help with or if he just wanted them to make a donation.  He said no.  I want to raise the money for the entire thing.  So that is the goal.  I know where there is God there is a way! This wish is going to take a large amount of funds.  So please pray that God will send just the people we need to make this happen for these kids! Here is the letter Jake made to request his wish.  Since surgery he has struggled with spelling and writing.  I told Jeff it sure did not change his heart though! I do not know how God ever chose us to be blessed with such amazing kids!!!





Thank you all for the prayers!  Thank you just does not cover what each of you mean to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment